If you’re looking to increase the organic traffic coming on your website, receiving more leads or better audience engagement, content marketing is the best strategy for you. The most efficient way for content management is to have a proper checklist for all the content you’ll have for marketing.
Read on to learn how to make a wholesome content marketing checklist if you’re looking to execute all your planned tasks for content marketing. Listed below are all the crucial tasks that you must complete to make the most out of content marketing for your work.
1. Start Off With The Basic Understanding Of Content Marketing
You cannot achieve what you aim for if you do not have a clear understanding of it. The first point in the checklist should be to have a thorough idea of what is content marketing and how it boosts your digital marketing.
Basically, content marketing is all about making, publishing, and marketing the relevant kind of content to the appropriate audience. It starts with market research, finding relevant content ideas for them, optimizing your content, followed by promoting it through the right channels, and lastly monitoring or analyzing how your content marketing campaign has performed.
2. Who Is Your Audience?
It is extremely vital that you know who you’re creating content for, so understand your target market through extensive research. Your research should tell you what your audience will like to read, the queries they have, the channels they mostly use, and the product/services that will satisfy them. Finish off the task by making customer profiles on the basis of demographic segmentation and divide your market into these separate groups.
3. Start Working On Making The Best Content Marketing Strategy
Your content marketing strategy can include elements like:
- Which kind of content you will be publishing
- The tools that will be best to promote your content
- The budget you’re setting
- The tools for creating content
- When and how will you update your content
- The ultimate goals you have (get more traffic, higher conversion rates, better brand building, awareness, and many more).
4. Get The Best Ideas For Your Content Topics
Content should always be purposeful. Make sure you’re creating content that suits the audience you’re targeting. The relevant and right content should be what your audience wants, help you increase your rankings on search engines, and convert maximum leads that fall on your website.
5. Set Up A Plan
Before listing down all the things you’ll be doing, know that if you’re doing SEO, your content will take around 5-6 months to rank on top positions on Google. Secondly, you will have to update it frequently, otherwise, Google will drop your rankings.
Some important details that should be a part of your plan are:
- Decide who will create/write the content
- How the content will be promoted
- Highlight your keywords
- The length of your content
- The titles you will use, for instance, blog post title or Facebook title
- Where will you publish the content
6. Make Sure Your Content Is SEO Optimized
SEO friendly content is the best approach because it does not only attract and engage users but is also better for the search engine. Start off by optimizing your post titles and put in keywords, make your title unique, your URL should have the target keyword, divide your content into a lot of headings and format these headings with the H2 and H3 formats needed, make your content reader-friendly, and last but not the least, adding the right type of schema will help promote your content better.
7. Work On Its Promotion
Your work doesn’t end after creating the content. If you do not have a sound strategy to market and promote your content, it’s really good for nothing then. Remember, you need to have a lot of backlinks to rank higher on Google, you need the assistance of influencers to get viral on social media and you must promote it to the appropriate audience to generate maximum sales.
For the promotion of your content, you can:
- Send out newsletters to your subscribers
- Keep posting content regularly on your social media platforms
- Link it to other website or with bloggers so that they get to know about it
- Use paid advertising campaigns on social media
- ⮚ Add internal links